Galaxy not booting after flashing Sconcau Extreme v2

Discussione in 'SGS Discussioni generali, problemi e richieste' iniziata da xr_ghg, 3 Marzo 2011.

1. xr_ghg

xr_ghg New Member

Hi there, need some help.
    I was using a Movistar SGS with Ecclair. Only difference from stock: Voodoo Kernel + lag fix, root, cwm and network unlocked.
    I thought it was time to flash something new, so after having a good look at the various roms, I decided to flash Sconcau Extreme v2.
    Voodoo Lagfix disabled a few days ago.
    Boot into cwm, select the rom file and it starts installing, take some time and finish installation. Reboot, and the SGS gets stuck on initial screen "Galaxy S GT-9000 ..."
    Holding the power button for a while make it reboot instead of just power off, and gets stuck at the same point.
    I can enter Download mode and CWM recovery with the three keys combo.

What's the problem? What can I do?
    Tried to do a restore from cwm but no change.

2. dashkappey

dashkappey Member

i think that you can upgrade only the rom on froyo!the only think i suggest that you use ondin to flash a other firmware and to start all over again!there is a guide on how to use odin but its in italian dont think you 'll get problem translating it with google use it if ya need more help ask!

dashkappey

3. claudio

claudio Gold Member

grazie dash per la risposta io in inglese non ferrato ;)

4. xr_ghg

xr_ghg New Member

Thank you for your answer. I've been busy this afternoon and I'm back to home right now.
    I was thinking about flashing some stock rom via Odin too, but I don't understand why you need to be using Froyo already to install this rom, when Sconcau explicitly says no matter which rom you're using you can flash Sconcau Extreme..
    Well, let's see if I get this solved, thanks again.

5. origin70

origin70 New Member

anche io ho avuto lo stesso problema e ho risolto rinunciando a mettere la extreme 2 e flashando altre rom

6. Nosterius

Nosterius Gold Member

uhm forse si può risolvere mettendo la jpu con odin, e poi mettendo la extreme :)

7. origin70

origin70 New Member

La tua dritta è stata risolutiva. Extreme V2 finalmente messa a bordo con successo :vibrate:
    Grazie Nosterius :thanks:

8. dashkappey

dashkappey Member

Re: Re: Galaxy not booting after flashing Sconcau Extreme v2

the thing is that you can use it with any rom but you must have a rom thats already on froyo!with odin you cannot reflash any rom you.must flash a stock rom than you will get your samsung as the first time you bought it than you ll need to use idin again to flash the kernell not in cwm than you ll need to place the rom you.want on your sdcard reboot into recovery using the tree buttons, and only there you cab install your rom!follow this procedure and your ok...by the way if you.send me a pm with your email later on i ll send ya all the procedure with the download links...meantime do not do anyfhing stupid!

dashkappey

9. fedecoco

fedecoco Member

Hi guys...
    If you need some help with the english just consider me too...

Tapatalk Pro User - Samsung Galaxy S -

10. xr_ghg

xr_ghg New Member

Hi guys, well, everything is working now, and I'm quite happy with Sconcau eXtreme v2.
    I couldn't try the Odin method after all, since I hadn't a windows machine at hand.

What I did was mounting the phone sdcard from the cwm recovery and copied another rom to it, (darky 9.3), and tried to flash it from cwm. It went through installation (just like Sconcau), but after finishing, it didn't boot either, but surprisingly, I tried again flashing sconcau from cwm and this time it booted ok!! Flashing Darky's, somehow, let the phone in a state that made it suitable for flashing Sconcau successfully ;)

Thank you all

11. dashkappey

dashkappey Member

i am glad that you resolved!i remember the first time that happened to me!well know b4 you ll do anything read stuff and ask and allways get a rom in you sdcard just in case!

dashkappey

Condividi questa Pagina